Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Keep Swimming!




My swim necessities (plus a pool of course!)

I consider myself a relatively healthy person. I try to eat well (minus the candy I LOVE!) and enjoy exercising on a regular basis.  I have run three marathons (I think those days are over!) and several half marathons.  I am thinking about doing the Cowtown Half Marathon in October-- if I am ready.  In the meantime, with recovering from a c-section & the 100 degree heat, I have really enjoyed the low impact activity of swimming.  I have been participating, thanks to my friends Paula and Darcy, in the triathlon training class at the gym and am going to give the triathlon world a try-- Go team VAG! (Very Athletic Girls-I didn't think up the name, my labor and delivery nurse friends did-creative eh?).  This class has really given me different ways of getting a good workout in the pool.  Plus, the people in the class are so friendly and supportive.  

The best part about swimming is the muscle toning and cardiovascular workout you get all with one activity.  It does not require expensive supplies, as long as you have access to a pool.  It gives me an opportunity to think and have some "alone time" too.  My most recent purchases were a new swim cap and a few new swimsuits.  I heard about the website www.swimoutlet.com and ordered my new suits from there.  I LOVE THEM.  They fit perfectly, were VERY reasonably priced and were exactly what I wanted.  They have an option of doing a "grab bag" which basically means that you pick the size and they give you any print of suit that they have.  It is fun and they are less expensive too!  

With the countdown to TL & Tracy's wedding (I CANNOT WAIT!) I am up for anything to get myself back into shape and stand beside her on this amazing day.  

What kinds of physical activities do you do?  Do you LOVE sugar as much as I do?

Hope your week is going great!


8 comments:

  1. So fun! (1) I want to do a 1/2 marathon too! That one sounds fun...I might just join (2) I can't BELIEVE you are training for a 1/2 marathon after having your little one, that's amazing and (3) I kinda got the giggles when I read your team name out loud, I know, totally immature....but totally awesome in the same respect!!! Go Kelly:-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We will see if the 1/2 works out- going back to work I might not have time to train. I like the team name too- it was not my idea but I thought it was a creative name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do water aerobics with my sister and i LOVE it. so fun and i totally feel like i'm multitasking with the cario & toning. i'll have to go check out that website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new suit is super cute! I just know you will be even faster in the water...if that is possible!! Go team VAG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on preparing for the marathon ~ good for you! As for sugar ~ I require.... notice that I did not say "need" chocolate in order to breath certain times of the month. Actually throw some salt in there and I am a happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! You are such an inspiration! I do the Jillian Michaels Power Walking Program twice a day, morning and night on the treadmill and hula hoop! As for sugar I gave it up 5 months ago solely because it's deliciously deadly!
    p.s. I feel 100% healthier too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gal you are!

    Quite the inspiration to many - Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love sugar... lots of it! I haven't been great about exercising lately because I have awful knees (4 surgeries before age 24 on them), but when I'm not hurting, I try tae-bo, yoga, and rollerblading.

    ReplyDelete