Sunday, June 21, 2009

A First Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my AMAZING Husband and Dad!

My sister beat me to talking about how wonderful my dad is... Tracy has a gift of writing her feelings and in this case, the way she feels about our dad is exactly the way I do.  He is a role model for each of his daughters and so many others.  From sewing dresses to teaching us how to waterski... we have learned so much from my dad and have many memories we will treasure for a lifetime. 

In addition to his role as our dad, my dad has a new "hat" he wears with love and pride... Grandpa! One of Ry-guy's favorite places to be is sleeping on "Pop's" chest. Pops loves to give Ry-guy baths and they enjoy spending time together.  I can't help but smile each time I watch my dad interact with little "Ry-guy".  I am sure this will be something I blog about again very soon...


My STUD barefootin' dad

So proud to walk down the isle with him...


Proud "Pops"

Fortunately, I have another incredible dad to talk about this Father's day... J-Lo.  Ry-guy has already discovered, in his 7 weeks of life, what an wonderful dad he has (Gracie reminds Ry-guy just in case he forgets). Watching J-lo and how much he loves our son is something I can't get enough of... I just know the two of them are going to be best friends as Ry-guy gets older and they do all their activities together.   When we were in the hospital after Ry-guy was born, I didn't change one diaper... J-Lo changed them EVERY TIME!  (Don't worry, I do change them from time-to-time now.)



J-Lo with our son and "doghter" 
Truly the LOVES of my life


One last thing I must mention are the people in my life that don't have their dad's here to share this day with.  I am thinking of you and I hope that memories of your dad make you smile today.

Ok friends, this is my first official "solo" (meaning without Tracy's help) blog... let me know how I did! 
From Me to You... :-)



7 comments:

  1. Cute, Kel!! I love this post.... so glad you are getting the hang of it. I love all of the "dads" in our life, we are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post, Happy Father's Day to your Dad and Husband! p.s. Thank you for mentioning Dads who are not here to share this wonderful day - my dad passed away a few years ago and it's still difficult when this day comes!
    p.s. This post was a SOLO SUCCESS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed. I cried. Your first "solo" blog is a great success.
    Happy Father's Day to Mike & Jason.

    and for your last comment...thanks Kel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! Your son is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job Kelly!!! Your ability to write is awesome and will only improve with practice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute new blog! Your little guy is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're becoming an expert blogger! The picture of your son and doghter is great (and I love you consider your dog a child too- my kitties are my children)!

    ReplyDelete